Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Take Your Sunglasses off Please!

During the course of the summer I have had the opportunity to take lots and lots of photos.  At each event I more than likely run into some folks that I know from being Out and About and on enough occassions for me to blog about this, I find myself asking people to take off their sunglasses so I can 'recognize' them.  I seem to remember being taught that when you are meeting someone, or saying hello, you should take off your sunglasses while you are speaking with them as the polite thing to do.  This voice from the past probably belongs to my mother and like most things we hear from our mothers...we should pay more attention even if we don't understand at the time.  Who knew that gigantic Paris Hilton sunglasses would stay in fashion far longer than expected...thank goodness that Ray Bans have been back on the scene for a while now.  Funny I should mention that, my daughter asked for and received her new Ray Bans for her birthday from her Aunt Sophie.  It was a tremendously endearing moment to watch my daughter being proud of sporting new sunglasses while her grandfather looked on...wearing his pilot Ray Bans from the 1960's (my Dad actually had his pilot Ray Bans, well because among other things, he was a recreational pilot for over 40 years).  Imagine that...they looked exactly the same...and good for Ray Ban...the quality appeared to be the same as well. Maybe Grandpa is just too darn hip to be cool...but while you're pondering that...take off your sunglasses when you're saying hello...it's the polite thing to do.

No comments: